New places opening in Mumbai in 2012 -
1) Ellipsis (in place of villa 39) in colaba is a californian grill, designed by same architect as morimoto in napa valley, tao in new york & koi in los angeles.
2) M1-in famous studios mahalaxmi, 4000 sq ft, bar & lounge on ground floor, pan asian restaurant on first floor with korean, malaysian, indonesian, thai, chinese & vietnamese cuisine.
3) Nido, near Olive in Bandra. 3000 sq f all day restaurant by owners of Aurus.
4) Obataimu in Kala Ghoda, funky gift retail outlet cum bar.
5) Mamagoto restaurant & bar, delhi chain with Japanese & thai food.
6) Just Falafel, dubai based chain.
7) Soho House, Juhu, london based members only club with restaurant & bar, pool.
8) F bar, India bulls centre, parel, 10,00 sq ft restaurant & lounge, world cuisine, indoors & outdoors.
9) 212, colaba. worli based restaurants 2nd branch in Mumbai.
10) Megu, new york based japanese restaurant opening at the Leela Kempinski hotel near the airport. :)